Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Coding, Running and Home Sweet Home

Nothing new on the site today. Still working on the mechanism to redo the family directory. Kinda learning PhP and and SQL stuff at the same time so there's 2x the opportunity to get stumped. I know! I should run right out and buy a 694 page book from Barnes and Nobel - that usually solves everything. I must have 20 of those 694 page books of which I've read a combined 69.4 pages of. They're all good reference books and I feel smarter just having bought them (ironic, huh?)

My good friend Grant in Maryland wants to know if I wanna do a September-ish marathon. Haven't given him an answer yet. When I do it will be a strong position either way. Nothing worse than a half hearted effort at an endurance event. Did that ONCE at a triathlon back in 1998. Major suckage. Survived the swim and the bike, but nearly half way through the run I asked another runner, "How far until the turn-around?" He responded, "Don't worry. You'll never see it." Ouch!!! That hurt! He was right and ultimately that hurt more, thus my lesson has been learned.

Headed back down to New Bern this weekend to work on That Old House. This weekend's tasks are most likely upstairs windows and installation of all the insulation. I hate scraping paint. I really hate breathing in the vapors of lead based paint as I heat the paint with a heat gun, but a little lead poisoning never hurt anyone right? Oh well. The light is clearly at the end of this tunnel and hopefully we'll be done in February. Did I mention that we're looking at another house?

No comments:

Post a Comment